Tuesday, April 13, 2010

stop and think


Sometimes I have an epiphany on how I can make life easier. Unfortunately I didn't invent the Internet (like Al Gore) or Facebook or Twitter. and I probably won't be in on The Next Big Thing.

No, I think of really simple things that could never be patented. Tonight I became irritable when my wonderful wife asked me to go to the basement to get toilet paper. And I thought and said something to the effect of "Why in the bleep is the T.P. down there? We don't have a bathroom down there. ALL the T.P. should be stored near the bleeping toilets!!! I didn't actually use the salty language, but you get the point.

Another idea is to only do one thing at a time. Or to put it even simpler, finish one thing before taking on another. One scenario is during the trip from the basement to the upstairs, I'll carry multiple rolls and then try to pour myself a glass of water when passing through the kitchen while holding onto the rolls. Inevitably I'd spill water or drop the rolls, yell an obsenity, and have to clean up. Why not just set the T.P. down first? Or skip the water?

I hope you can find a way to incorporate this advice into your life and lower your stress and anger levels. Occasionally I'll think first and am almost always grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment